Tuesday, January 29, 2013


Thoughts and reflections .



Hi Harry & Lisoon and whoever is reading this. Hellooooo hellooo! i am Ace the cake.

You guys really go all out for us, and I must say…. You guys are like our cooler, younger SF parents lol. But, Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. You have no idea how grateful I am. Hehehe. Prior to my SF adventure, I was really scared, and skeptical even, I ever felt like maybe it wasn’t the right decision to go, but I know myself, that’s just really my pessimistic side of my brain chanting a bad rhyme. So let us start the journey!

I really love film and production, but I love motion graphics/ simple vfx most of all. I was real glad we got a chance to be in the production! I remember the first mograph I did was for the harvest festival video hahahha, I was really pumped, and to see what I did being commended and all, it felt really rewarding. I remember Harry giving me tips on how to make my mograph more dynamic and detailed as he himself is very detailed orientated, I learnt so much from that experience itself.
In the beginning, I really, really, really, disliked sound and audio design, but I was exposed to sound a number of times during the service production as a sound engineer and grew to like it! I really absorbed a fair bit knowledge and skill in this area. From disliking this area so much to really appreciate and try out for myself, (using Adobe Audition! :D) I’ve come to actually use the software in my own time to record my Pokemon voices. HAHAHA. I even edited my FYP audio with what Harry taught me; REVERB! Sounds so much better. J this was definitely something I would have missed out if I was in SG.

Christmasing and all the live productions was a real eye opener. Especially Christmasing! The amount of dedication and hardwork everyone put in for the show, it was really just so heartwarming; packing equipment, setting up, tearing down and then setting back up in Cornerstone! And as a very messy person, I really hate packing! But I remember the day we packed for Christmasing, I had so much fun, laughing and cracking jokes while packing, it was the best packing experience ever, I still talk about it till this day hahahha! And setting up too! I was the BNC WOMAN. Plugging and unplugging the BNCs was my duty, hahaha! It was such an amazing experience, full of crazy fun working with people from the techcrew/massmedia.

All in all, im lost for words, in a good way; I bought a book at a random store in SF, just so happened it had my favourite quote: “Since the house is on fire, let us warm ourselves.” The choice is always mine, but the fire isn’t, how I respond to a situation, reflects my attitude; I want to do my best no matter in SF or back home. I cannot say that every minute in SF passed like a breeze nor did I wake up to that mindset everyday, I did have some down-in-the-dumps moments, but no matter what, I’d try to do my best. & so it comes to this; there isn’t any word in my vocabulary that can help express how grateful, thankful and just how happy I am, that I was able to experience the culture, work and play here in SF. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. 

ありがとうございます

Love,
Acelyn Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment