Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reflect.

Hola!

So the 3 months of internship in sf flew by quickly and now we're back in Singapore.
I have so many things to be thankful about. & I'm so grateful for the awesome people I've met.

Firstly I'd like to thank The Boss, Harry. He has given me so many opportunities to experience doing stuff outside of just camera work. Before I went for internship I've never even touched a camera for any of my projects before, let alone do multi-cam production. Now I've even tried sound work, lighting and being a tech crew. It's a great experience for me to learn so much in just a short period of time.
It has also shaped my confidence in handling camera, which I'll never be able to do before I went to sf.
The greatest change about myself after internship would be my interest in audio engineering. I'd like to thank Phil for this, who is an amazing mentor. He taught me how to manage a sound board, and he was also patient enough to explain to me about certain areas which I didn't understand.
The best part about the internship for me would be the multi-cam live productions, namely the Thanksgiving dinners and also Christmasing!! I've only been part of a live production once back in Singapore before internship, but I didn't get the chance to work the camera.
Now we not only get to be on camera, we're also part of the crew which includes setting up, plugging all the cables etc. It's amazing to be able to learn all of that!!
I'd also like to thank each and every one of the people in Cornerstone who helped us alot in different ways, treating us so kindly like we're family!! I'm thankful to know some of the most amazing people I've met in my life too, I'll treasure the friendship forever. They are the reason why we enjoyed our 3 months stay in sf so much, even being so far away from our family and friends.
I've brought back alot of great memories with me to reminiscence, even the time when we had to set up until past 3am after Christmasing is a memorable experience.
I'm so grateful towards Harry & Lisoon for everything, as besides work they made sure we had fun too, and also to experience different parts about the US culture which is very new to me. I've never thought of studying college in the US before, but now this is a goal I'm working towards to :D
Once again I'm thankful for the opportunity to even go for this internship, thanks to my lecturers and also Harry & Lisoon :)


So this is it. Final post.
Goodbye & love y'all !!!
Elyz 

No comments:

Post a Comment