Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 11 and 12


Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! I am here to present to you my trip to LA and Lake Tahoe! Going to be a long post! And yes, I am going to make sure I finish writing both weeks by today! hahaha.. Lets go!

Week 11 - Trip to LA

After finally done with all the Christmas Sing and the Kids Christmas Program, the time has come for us to head down to LA! Our plan? 5 days, 4 theme parks, Conquer them all! We took off the day after we finish our last Christmas Sing on Sunday. I would really like to thanks and appreciate Harry and Lisoon for driving us down (about 7 Hours drive!)  and helping us to save the cost as we first intend to go by plane before Harry and his family decided to go with us. 

On the way to LA!
Stop at a place for toilet break and snacks.

We reached the hotel during the night and went to iHop for supper, before going back to our room to rest and get ready for the next day! 

Day 2 - DisneyLand!

Usually, we always need to wake up early to go school or work. On the second day, we need to wake up early to go to DisneyLand! 

We are reaching to the happiest place on earth!

 
Taking the space mountain early in the morning! 



The arcade from the movie Wreck it wrath!

Time for some Go kart!




Yeah, see how happy am I to be in DisneyLand

Queuing up for  Rollercoaster!

 Look at the size of that Turkey Leg!

The christmas parade was awesome!!!


Snowman?

Yeah, so we literally spend the whole day in Disneyland, we managed to ride the more popular rides in the morning before the crowd starts coming in. After visiting Disneyland, I planned to watch all the Disney movie again! 

Day 3 -Disney California

After an awesome day at disneyland, we went to disney california the following day! There, I got to take the California screaming roller coaster which is right now my favorite ride of all time! 

You could see the california screaming next to the mickey Ferris wheel.

How can you not take photo with Mickey?!

No idea who is he..hahaha

Cable car in Disney california!

The Tower of terror! The only ride I dare not to take!

Grooving with cars!

Sorry! having to much fun! Didnt really have alot of photos. I really had a great time in Disney California! To me, the rides were more thrilling and fun then in disneyland. Got to definitely come back here again!

Day 4 - Universal Studios

Although Singapore had a universal studio and I have been there a few times, the one in US is much bigger and better!  I enjoyed the studio tour the most as we got to see set pieces of some of the blockbuster movies and experience how some of the movies effects were made.



Universal City walk!

One of the set they use for filming


hahaha..let me the the director once!



We queued almost 2 hours for the transformers ride!!!


Universal was great, but we spend more time queuing then playing! 

Day 5 - Seaworld

After 3 days of theme parks! we went to visit the last theme park, Seaworld! Which Harry need to drive about an hour to San Deigo to get thete! Thanks Harry once again!



Although not as great as the other 3 theme parks, we had fun too as there were fewer people and we do not need to queue for a long time to take a ride. 

Day 6 - Disney California and Disney Land!

During our last day in LA before heading back, we went back to Disney California really early in the morning to take the 'cars' ride which was really popular and you need to queue for about 2 hours to take it, so we decided to go early just to take that ride! Never expect myself to wake up so early just to play!

Heading down to Disney California early in the morning

The park is not open yet! Went there to early! Failing!

Lego Shop at Disney Downtown

During the late afternoon, we went down to Disney Downtown to buy some merchandise and souvenir!



 We went back to Disneyland during the night to watch the fireworks before saying goodbye to the happiest place on earth. 

The day after, before driving back to San Francisco, Harry brought us to visit Rick warren church! And man! It was one of the coolest church I have ever seen! 


Saddleback Church!

They had a area where their church members can come in to play some games and relax.

Bye LA!

So thats all for my whole week in LA!  I am really missing all the fun we had there! 

Week 12

The next day after we got back from LA, we went to shoot the watch night and baptism service for the church. And yes, our work is not done yet! After shooting, we countdown for the new year in cornerstone! First time spending my christmas and new year overseas! 

Pastor Clifford in the house!

After the countdown, I and Tania spend a night at Harry house playing video games with nathan! 


Lol..


After the new year, we head down to lake Tahoe for our second adventure! It was about a 4 hour drive, and I want to thanks Harry and Lisoon once again for driving us! 


Getting all ready for the road trip!

I guess you don't get to see this in Singapore?


Stopping for some pictures!

We finally reached our destination! Our new home for the next 5 days! Cool eh?


Now this is where I want to live when I retired. hahaha

Went around for some sight seeing. Is cold!!!!

During the next day while we were leaving the house to ride the snow mobile, we saw this German Sherperd wandering outside our house. And guess what, it was the friendliest German sherperd I encountered (I was attack by my own German Sherperd once.) 



I'll be back

Riding the snow mobile for the first time! Pretty Fun!

Caramel apple! It was really good! Love it! 


Some night Sight seeing

We went to bake cupcakes for Harry and Lisoon! 

Getting ready to ski for the first time!



Emerald bay! Now if I were to shot a movie, I will have my establishing shot here.


Our Ski Instructor

Last day at Lake Tahoe

 Really had alot of fun in Lake Tahoe! Tried snow mobile for the first time which I really enjoyed it! Tried Skiing for the first time! Love it so much that I can't wait for the next time to ski again! Now why we don't have all this in Singapore!!! Had a great time with Harry and his family too! Really enjoyed the time where we watch movie and had dinner together in the cabin. And we got to eat Lisoon awesome curry chicken and mee siam! Overall, I really had a great time during the past 2 weeks in LA and Lake Tahoe! Will never forget the wonderful memories I had there!

I will be posting my last post tomorrow. Just 2 more day before heading back home. Time really flies! Although, I am looking forward to go back to Singapore, but at the same time, really sad to leave here! I really had lots of fun, learn lots of things, ate lots of good amercian food, got to experience the American culture and got to know lots of wonderful people during my 3 months here! Going to miss all of them! I love America!!!!!

So thats all for now! Bye!










No comments:

Post a Comment