Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reflections

Hiiiii there. Okay so the internship has come to an end and I'm about to do a reflection of the whole three months that was spent there. I learned alot during the time I was there and I have grown as a person. Firstly I would like to Thank Harry for giving me this opportunity to experience this and it was the best 3 months of my life. During my time there I have learned alot and it was one great experience I can never ever forget. Even during the last week, there were things for me to learn and Harry taught Larry and I how to build cables from scratch which was super cool. During these three months there, I have also gotten comfortable with using the cameras and actually being the cameraman which was super awesome. I have also learned lots of technical things like how to plug the cables into the different equipments. Harry also taught us the different cables and what they are used for which was very useful for me because during the Christmas Sing we had to know which cables went where in order to speed things up.
All in all this whole experience has also helped me to grow to love filmmaking even more. I am very thankful for having the opportunities to operate the cameras and be part of the live filming team. As well as the very fact I could be involved with the process of everything was run was really awesome and I think I befriended the coolest and best bunch of people I ever world. For me Christmas Sing and the children's programs were the most memorable for me because I got to use the boom camera and was backstage camera and that made me feel important as I was actually given such a great opportunity during the internship to use these cameras and learn from my mistakes. Using the boom camera was one unforgettable experience as I really learned alot from it and it gave me the chance to play around with how I wanted the shots to be and it gave me confidence to learn from any mistakes I made, and also let me be creative with how I wanted the shots to be. I REALLY LEARNED ALOT DURING THE WHOLE CHRISTMAS SING PROCESS and it was crazy fun. I never expected myself to enjoy filming so much. From packing cables to labeling them, doing inventory with the bunch of cool people and making the most of it was fun. hehehe. Thank you mass media folks for being ever so kind to us too. I hope I brought you laughter hahahaha. TOO BAD IF I DIDN'T, just kidding, but thank you for giving me a great honorable opportunity to work together with you guys and learning so much from each and everyone of you, as well as forming this friendship/bond with you hehe.
During my time in SF, I have also enjoyed every single thing, especially when we are out and about exploring and soaking ourselves under the sun and in the culture. Even simple things like paying for tips was a good experience since we don't do that back home. I really would like to thank Harry and everyone who made this internship possible for me and everyone whom I have gotten to know because this internship was so memorable and I am extremely thankful for having been given the opportunity to intern there and these memories will stay with me forever. Last but not least, thanks to Harry and Li Soon for being so kind and graceful and bringing us around everywhere, and for being my parents in SF, it was awesome, and I know we will keep in contact because I will be constantly bothering you ahahahaahahaahahahahaa. & thanks to everyone I met in the church, I believe this friendship will last forever and Thank you once again!!!!!!!! I love you San Francisco. I will be back. Wait for me ):


x
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment